FInding the Will of God

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FInding the Will of God

He tells a funny about someone who gave a 'testiphony' instead of a testimony. He shares some really good stories from his own life. One of which is when God used an unsaved man to speak the will of God to him.
    Great quote: Pray this -- Don't let me read the Bible. Let the Bible read me!
    Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Praise God for you posting this message. It came at just the right time for me, and I'll be listening to it many times in the following weeks and probably months. With my care-giving over, I feel no purpose in life and have been seeking God's will in my sleepless nights. My aunt who never cared much for us tells me to go on holidays/cruises (hinting with her) and have parties and that "everyone dies", my friend tells me to give away my parents things and sell my apartment so it won't remind me of them, my other friend wants me to go on trips with her and just have adventurous fun (she's a lot younger than me). I feel somewhat manipulated and uncomfortable with all this advice (they're not Christians) and am praying for discernment of motives as they don't understand that I'm still grieving my parents' loss and need some alone time (Is 30:15 has been my life support scripture when I'm desperate since I came to know the Lord "For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength").

I thought God would tell me to make some radical changes in my life (change job, move somewhere else, etc), but all I hear is "relax, rest, recover" and go back to work in October. And from there, going back to a "normal" lifestyle, He will lead me.

All I like is the "relax, rest, recover" part, but I am doing a serious organization of my messy home, catching up neglected paperwork, neglected personal healthcare. I find comfort in hearing that as I follow the generic will of God, if it is in His plan, that in His time He will reveal a specific will for me ...

Funny: "I keep leaving my gun behind"

Comment

• Renee M
      Renee M commented
      Editing a comment
      Sister, I think you are on the right track.

And as for the 'gun' comment, I shared that story with a LEO who also works security at the hospital. He completely agreed he needed to be preaching if he kept forgetting his gun! That would make your partner really wonder about you and if you could keep him safe if you got ambushed, etc.
Working...
X