X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faith Grows in God’s Presence

David Wilkerson (1931-2011)

October 10, 2018

Jesus asked a question in Luke 18:8: “Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”
    https://worldchallenge.org/devotions
    Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Thank you for sharing. Amen.
    The Sweet Psalmist

https://watchmanscry.vbulletin.net/f...sweet-psalmist

Comment

I read that one this morning. I have it saved in my email because it's a good one. Our women's study at church is doing Becoming a Woman of Faith. When I teach next week, I want to have copies of that devo to pass out because it brings up some very valid points about what faith is NOT.
      Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

Speaking of faith, I'll bring up another way of looking at faith. It is a very serious, sobering thought, but one that we need to think about in these times.

I teach our women's study next week on Faith in Action. I am considering sharing a very deep topic -- Several years ago when I was going to all of those alternative sites that were evoking fear in me, it was at the same time that we were seeing on a near-daily basis how ISIS was killing people. I want to explain the fear it evoked -- not just fear of encountering them, but fear that I wouldn't stand strong and might deny the Lord, and how that led me to press into the Lord thru the Word. NOTHING else would prepare me to be strong enough to stand firm. I might even mention watching the Coptic Christians beheaded and how it actually gave me peace and courage because I saw that it didn't take too long to lose their heads. Change that occurred: Whereas before, I'd cry, thinking about not being strong enough to stand -- Now I cry when I think of someone asking me to deny my Lord.

Then gently ask, "What about you? Are you strong enough to stand firm? Times like these demand that we address these difficult issues."

This is a pre-trib church, but w/o mentioning that what we've been taught a lie with that belief, I can throw out a difficult topic that makes people think. Then once the tribulation starts, and they see they weren't raptured, perhaps they will remember what I shared, and dig deeply into their bibles...if they haven't already done so.
        Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

Working...
        X