Palm scanners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palm scanners

This freaked me out a bit since it's taking place in my state.
    Checking into the hospital, whether planned or an emergency, is always stressful. Now, one of the most wired hospitals in the nation is making the process of checking in more secure and accurate.
    Even so, Come Lord Jesus,
    Renee M

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Question: What if a patient says not for ______ and such _______ reason or just declines, are they then denied medical help?
    Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

Originally posted by HisDoulas View Post
      Question: What if a patient says not for ______ and such _______ reason or just declines, are they then denied medical help?
      Hubby and I were just discussing that this morning. Good question.
      Even so, Come Lord Jesus,
      Renee M

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

Well, I pray their system is not successful.....I'd hate to see it catch on elsewhere.
        Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

I remember about 15 years ago when I worked I.T. at a hospital a vendor came in for their dog and pony show. They supplied secure systems for drugs on the patient floors. You accessed it through a thumb print scanner. But there was a problem with the early ones. Somebody figured out you could take a smashed up gummy bear, put you thumb print on the gummy bear and the scanner would read it.

Hospitals have a real problem with security. Most don't allow concealed carry guns. A Kansas university medical center was on the news because the Kansas law enforcing this was about to expire. And it would require body scanners and security guards at every entrance. .A very expensive work around that would raise healthcare costs. Our unruly society plays a big role big role in rising healthcare costs. In 2001 our department made a new job classification for an I.T. security analyst.

Comment

Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA) prevents a hospital from not treating someone who comes in to the ED. Urban hospitals have a percentage of patients that are homeless or without identification and there always will be. I do not think the palm print identification is for them. It is probably for the patients that do not have emergency-level illnesses but have expensive medical needs but are evasive with their identification paperwork or have stolen identities - "frequent flyers".

With that said, I do not like the path that we are going down. Digital identification tied to your medical record, your history, etc., is all bad news.

Comment

Working...
            X