Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A reminder of the leaven in "The Shack"

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=12290

The Shack has touched the hearts and emotions of many people. While there are many other examples of the author’s unbiblical liberality, introducing the heretical New Age teaching that “God dwells in, and around, and through all things” is in and by itself enough to completely undermine any value the book might otherwise have for faithful believers. To allow yourself to get carried away by this story, while disregarding the book’s New Age/New Spirituality leaven, is to fall prey to the “truth-and-error” mixture that pervades The Shack. And as Dr. Ironside warned—“God hates such a mixture!”

Before Christians buy one more copy of this book, they need to come to terms with what this author is ultimately teaching and what it is they are passing along to their friends and fellow believers.
    And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. (2 Timothy 4:4)

Fractals, Chaos Theory, Quantum Spirituality, and The Shack
    A fractal . . . something considered simple and orderly that is actually composed of repeated patterns no matter how magnified. A fractal is almost infinitely complex. I love fractals, so I put them everywhere.10—Sarayu, The Shack

Fractals reveal a hidden “order” underlying all seemingly chaotic events. The fractals are intricate and beautiful. They repeat basic patterns, but with an infinity of variations and forms. The world-view emerging from this scientific research is new, and yet at the same time very very ancient.11—The Sovereign Court and Order of the Ancient Dragon

I have seen Christians defend the book. They say people are overreacting and the representations of the Trinity are metaphorical and not heretical. I think it all comes down to being in tune with God. If you are used to smelling only the sweet savor of God, catching a whiff of something like this will be like opening a pack of meat left on the counter for a couple of days -- a sickly sweet smell that means only rotting. It's the same thing with that book Jesus Calling. On the surface it's one thing, but underneath there are things that subtly move people away from God. I would stay away.

Greek Girl

Comment

Here's an article for your consideration. It is not a review on "The Shack," but rather some insight into the author of the book

"and what is coming next that professing Christians might support."

http://www.truthkeepers.com/?p=1441

Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

Some Christian websites are promoting this movie...probably the same ones who promoted the Harry Potter movies and books. Sick!

Comment

Originally posted by Peg View Post
          Some Christian websites are promoting this movie...probably the same ones who promoted the Harry Potter movies and books. Sick!
          Yes Peg you are right. But, it is not just "web sites," but churches are actually promoting it and those in pulpits touting its' praises. UGH

Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

Thanks for posting the links, gals. Much appreciated and very informative.
            Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

http://burningdowntheshackbook.com/

Burning down the shack.Great info here.

Comment

Peg, that was fabulous!!! Thanks!
                Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

With this unbiblical teaching, one recalls how Young put these same heretical words in the mouth of his “Jesus” character in The Shack. He wrote:
                  God, who is the ground of all being, dwells in, around, and through all things.
                  http://www.ighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=2236

Comment

Another worthy site with good info.

Comment

I have a niece that said..." People, it states it is a fiction book." She is a Christian as so many are. This makes me so sad.

Comment

• Serena
                        Serena commented
                        Editing a comment
                        How is this response, Hariett,"Yeah, it says that it is fiction. But people are taking fiction and acting like it is fact. So this book is distorting the truth in people's eyes."

• Harriett
                        Harriett commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Serena, that is a perfect response. I explained to my granddaughter last night why she should not go to see this movie. She said she wouldn't. I told her to go to my Facebook and read some of the things I have posted. Hopefully she does.

Serena: Great response!

Plus! If people aren't reading the Bible, six months or a year from now when they think about these topics, how are they sure that the theology isn't seeping in to the spots in their brain kept for biblical truth? If people ARE reading the Bible, I don't think they could "enjoy" reading the lies in it. It's a no-win situation.

Greek Girl

Comment

I talked to my dad about the shack. He already knew it was not good. He said if he was going to a church that promoted it, it would not be his church. I shared what the fake Jesus in that book said about being one of many ways. My dad replied that that alone is enough to keep him away.
                        The Sweet Psalmist

https://watchmanscry.vbulletin.net/f...sweet-psalmist

Comment

Originally posted by Peg View Post
                          http://burningdowntheshackbook.com/

Burning down the shack.Great info here.
                          Thank you! I just shared with a loved one that The Shack was New Age. They replied, "well, God can do anything!" I agreed, then told them He did tell us what He wouldn't do and how the enemy would deceive in the sense of.....Jesus told us if they said He was over there, here etc do NOT go. I shared how this would deceive so many..........................*sigh* this world, believers are not awake

Comment

All I can say is that the delusion is on.
                            Psalms 103:1 Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His Holy name.

Bless God and He will always bless you.

Comment

Working...
                            X