A reminder of the leaven in "The Shack"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=22374

People keep saying..."It is just a novel".

But they are wrong, it was never intended to be "just a novel".

In Young’s forward to The Shack Revisited, a book written by his friend C. Baxter Kruger, Young corrects any misunderstanding that The Shack is “just a novel.” He writes:
    Please don’t misunderstand me; The Shack is theology. But it is theology wrapped in story.1

If you want to understand better the perspectives and theology that frame The Shack, this book [Kruger’s] is for you. Baxter has taken on the incredible task of exploring the nature and character of the God who met me in my own shack.2

Comment

Originally posted by Donna View Post
      http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=22374

People keep saying..."It is just a novel".

But they are wrong, it was never intended to be "just a novel".

In Young’s forward to The Shack Revisited, a book written by his friend C. Baxter Kruger, Young corrects any misunderstanding that The Shack is “just a novel.” He writes:
      Please don’t misunderstand me; The Shack is theology. But it is theology wrapped in story.1

If you want to understand better the perspectives and theology that frame The Shack, this book [Kruger’s] is for you. Baxter has taken on the incredible task of exploring the nature and character of the God who met me in my own shack.2
      Something that is 'just a story' doesn't have a study guide to go with the book.
      Buy The Shack Study Guide: Healing for Your Journey Through Loss, Trauma, and Pain on Amazon.com ✓ FREE SHIPPING on qualified orders
      Even so, Come Lord Jesus,
      Renee M

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

A friend at church said he was "inspired" by the movie. When I told him that he was skating on thin ice by being inspired by heresy he accused me of having "discernment issues". I didn't see the movie but I did read an advance reader's copy before the book hit the shelves a number of years ago. That author is very slippery. I was kind of stunned when I saw on his website an interview someone did about his new novel. How my friend is going to weasel out of that one will be interesting.

Comment

I just ran across this site, Truthkeepers, The leading blog as of March 22 is "1000 Leading Christians Blaspheme the Holy Spirit," which addresses the response of church leaders in endorsing The Shack movie. It's well worth a read, as are the prior blogs.

Dori
          www.badgerholt.wordpress.com

Comment

Dori: That is probably the strongest article I have read condemning the piece. Here's the line that earned the blog this dubious distinction:"The movie is so blasphemous that only individuals with greatly compromised and callused spiritual systems could enjoy it." That is pretty harsh. Is it also true? Maybe it is. All unrighteousness is sin, and the Holy Spirit doesn't leave me alone when I'm on the edge of it. I can't imagine the Holy Spirit allowing enjoyment from a piece that maligns God in so many ways.

Greek Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Greek Girl View Post
              Dori: That is probably the strongest article I have read condemning the piece. Here's the line that earned the blog this dubious distinction:"The movie is so blasphemous that only individuals with greatly compromised and callused spiritual systems could enjoy it." That is pretty harsh. Is it also true? Maybe it is. All unrighteousness is sin, and the Holy Spirit doesn't leave me alone when I'm on the edge of it. I can't imagine the Holy Spirit allowing enjoyment from a piece that maligns God in so many ways.

Greek Girl
              Wow! That quote was powerful! It made me click on the link Dori posted to read further. Thanks for quoting that GG.
              Even so, Come Lord Jesus,
              Renee M

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

Well there is a movie now.

Comment

Critic warns 'Shack' author openly promoting universal salvation

'He declares that sin does not separate anyone from God'

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/04/critic-wa...RSPembGFSCV.99

Comment

‘I Have Deep Regrets’: Graphic Artist Who Designed ‘Shack’ Novel Renounces Book

The graphic artist who helped design the controversial best-selling novel "The Shack" has come forward to express his regret for being a part of the project out

Comment

Working...
                    X