Sunday Law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Law

I grew up Greek Orthodox, so I didn't learn anything past the basic Old Testament Bible stories and the gospels and epistles. Revelation -- or anything about the end times -- is not mentioned with any regularity. Or, at least it wasn't in the 1980's-'90's when I was attending. So I had no idea about the various ideas about the mark of the best until recently I came upon something that just strikes me as...weird.

Have you heard about the mark of the beast being those who worship on Sunday? This makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. As far as I can tell, ,it has something to do with the Pope, but it just seems so ridiculous. Can someone explain to me how this topic has gotten validity? Is it tied to the Hebrew Roots movement? Lately when researching the rapture, I have stumbled on at least one video and timeline (on two different sites) that feature this concept.

I'm just curious.

Greek Girl

Never heard of it. So what about those of us who worship the Lord every day of the week?????
    Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

Great point!! I think it is about the "religious" assembling -- not the relationship. This makes this even more of a ridiculous assertion.

Greek Girl

Comment

I think it took off because of the Seventh Day Adventists. They really push the idea that what day you worship on is the decider of your salvation.

Such foolishness.

Before the Greek calendar and before the Hebrew Babylonian calendar, the JEWISH people kept time in a very different manner. Days did not have names, they had numbers and they varied every year because their time was kept by the cycles of the moon. So we really have no way to know what day is day seven which was the Hebrew day of rest.

The Babylonian calendar...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylonian_calendar

There are no records of the their calendar before Babylon.

Comment

Hello.

Some will point to the fact that "Sunday" comes from "Sun Day" which is a reference to pagan sun worship.

But "Saturday" = "Saturnius Day", more pagan worship.

In fact, we can't mark a date on our calendar without invoking the name of a pagan deity. So they don't really win by saying "Saturday".

The church's existence in today's "beast" society is very much like Israel in captivity:

Deuteronomy 28:36 "The LORD shall bring thee, and thy king which thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known; and there shalt thou serve other gods, wood and stone."

Deuteronomy 28:64 "And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone."

Whether it's marking a date on our calendar, using a pagan-based road system, or blinking our eyes, we will do as the pagans do until the Lord returns. Period.

Comment

I think it's really Son Day we're suppose to worship and everyday is Son Day!!!

I suspect somewhere in the past the devil induced confusion regarding the Son of God and the Sun of our solar system. Instead of worshiping our Creator that made the sun they started worshiping His creation.

Comment

While I have nothing against Catholics...it was the Catholic church that is responsible for church being on Sunday and a whole lot more.
              I don't adhere to mans religious ways...Its Jesus all the way for me every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Peg View Post
                While I have nothing against Catholics...it was the Catholic church that is responsible for church being on Sunday and a whole lot more.
                I don't adhere to mans religious ways...Its Jesus all the way for me every day.
                This is correct, we used to worship on a Saturday, but the Catholics changed it to Sunday. I don't think it is the mark of the beast though.

Comment

Keep in mind most Catholic churches also have services (Mass) on Saturday too that counts for Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                  X