The Mandela Effect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mandela Effect

The Mandela Effect, has anyone heard of this?

Hi Everyone,

Probably the best example is this is a ref to Isaiah 11:6
    “The lion shall lie down with the lamb”

Does anyone remember this wording?
    I do, does anyone else?

Comment

This was a topic on the other forum and that forum got locked down. I suggest we don't visit this topic again. I'm sure one of the mods will have a few things to say about this too.
      Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

I first heard about this "Mandela effect" a couple of years ago and was quite intrigued by it. Basically people were claiming that things were being changed and manipulated by the enemy through the manipulation of space and time. After a while claims were being made that the Holy scriptures were being changed and then the light bulbs started to go off in my head. I strongly suspected that this was a clever scheme to get people to lose faith in the written word of God by thinking somehow that it was changing and therefore not to be trusted. That's ridiculous! The last I heard, some are now referring to this as the "Jesus effect" and implying that the scriptures are flawed and the Lord is restoring them. People are easily fooled, manipulated and led astray by all sorts of absurdities and this is just one example. Just my opinion....

Comment

Originally posted by Ed J View Post
          Hi Everyone,

Probably the best example is this is a ref to Isaiah 11:6
          “The lion shall lie down with the lamb”

Does anyone remember this wording?
          I do, does anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Renee M View Post
            This was a topic on the other forum and that forum got locked down. I suggest we don't visit this topic again. I'm sure one of the mods will have a few things to say about this too.
            Yes, sister, you are absolutely correct that we had this discussion on the old forum at length.

Caution: This subject has been moved into the End Time Delusions, Cults, and Heresies forum. It will be allowed, on a probational basis. The discussion will be monitored carefully by the Moderation team.

For those who wish to read the old forum's dialogue, the link is listed below:

http://www.watchmanscryforum.com/for...hlight=Mandela

Last edited by HisDoulas; 02-27-2017, 07:56 PM.
            Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

Originally posted by Spirited1 View Post
              I first heard about this "Mandela effect" a couple of years ago and was quite intrigued by it. Basically people were claiming that things were being changed and manipulated by the enemy through the manipulation of space and time. After a while claims were being made that the Holy scriptures were being changed and then the light bulbs started to go off in my head. I strongly suspected that this was a clever scheme to get people to lose faith in the written word of God by thinking somehow that it was changing and therefore not to be trusted. That's ridiculous! The last I heard, some are now referring to this as the "Jesus effect" and implying that the scriptures are flawed and the Lord is restoring them. People are easily fooled, manipulated and led astray by all sorts of absurdities and this is just one example. Just my opinion....
              Amen dear brother Spirited1. I agree with you 100%.

Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

Thanks for the link HisDoulas, I just wanted to know you thought of this.
                I will go through that old thread. I did not mean to create waves.

Comment

Thanks for the link HisDoulas, I just wanted to know you thought of this.
                  I will go through that old thread. I did not mean to create waves.

No waves here today.

Just snow.

Comment

Hi HisDoulas,

Now that the thread has been moved, is it OK to discuss this topic further?

Comment

Ed, Doulas said it was fine to still discuss, but on a probationary basis. Meaning: the mods will be watching closely, and as soon as it starts to take an ugly turn, they will lock the thread. The topic will not be allowed to cause a major distraction and dissension on the forum like it did before.

And Spirited One, I completely agree with you! Great thoughts on that topic!
                      Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

• HisDoulas
                        HisDoulas commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you sister you are correct that......the thread is open to "civil" discussion, only.

hug

I have very strong feelings on this topic. I will do my best to keep things civil.

I believe that the quote that you mentioned misquoted and then people ran with it. The wolf will lay down with the lamb was changed in the minds of people who don't typically read scripture so that when the actual scripture is spoken, people think it's wrong.

Kind of like: Money is the root of all evil. (No, it's the love of money that's the root of all evil) or Pride goes before a fall (No, pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall).
                      The lion will lay down with the lamb (No, The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, The leopard shall lie down with the young goat, The calf and the young lion and the fatling together.")

Once people had it wrong in their heads, the RIGHT way looked wrong. Then it was just up to the devil to point out the difference, and all of a sudden, a lot of people who aren't strong in Bible knowledge or faith in the character of an all-powerful, all-sovereign, all-good God think the devil is having his way with the Bible. The idea that the ONE and only offensive weapon we have in the WAR we fight every day -- the Bible, the sword -- is somehow flawed is like telling an army that some of their grenades are defective. How many soldiers are going to pick up grenades after that? Not many. And if they do, they will not trust them. The devil's tactic is actually pretty genius.

Most all of what is called the Mandela Effect can be attributed to people falsely quoting/stating information, false memories, and the power of suggestion, "Don't you remember..." None of that matters much to me. What matters to me is when people try to say that the Bible has flaws. I don't buy it from those who say men put the book together and chose what went into it, I don't buy it from people who say flawed men "wrote" it, and I don't believe it from people who say the devil is somehow changing it. God is able to protect His Word. Period.

Greek Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Greek Girl View Post
                        I have very strong feelings on this topic. I will do my best to keep things civil.

I believe that the quote that you mentioned misquoted and then people ran with it. The wolf will lay down with the lamb was changed in the minds of people who don't typically read scripture so that when the actual scripture is spoken, people think it's wrong.

Kind of like: Money is the root of all evil. (No, it's the love of money that's the root of all evil) or Pride goes before a fall (No, pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall).
                        The lion will lay down with the lamb (No, The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, The leopard shall lie down with the young goat, The calf and the young lion and the fatling together.")

Once people had it wrong in their heads, the RIGHT way looked wrong. Then it was just up to the devil to point out the difference, and all of a sudden, a lot of people who aren't strong in Bible knowledge or faith in the character of an all-powerful, all-sovereign, all-good God think the devil is having his way with the Bible. The idea that the ONE and only offensive weapon we have in the WAR we fight every day -- the Bible, the sword -- is somehow flawed is like telling an army that some of their grenades are defective. How many soldiers are going to pick up grenades after that? Not many. And if they do, they will not trust them. The devil's tactic is actually pretty genius.

Most all of what is called the Mandela Effect can be attributed to people falsely quoting/stating information, false memories, and the power of suggestion, "Don't you remember..." None of that matters much to me. What matters to me is when people try to say that the Bible has flaws. I don't buy it from those who say men put the book together and chose what went into it, I don't buy it from people who say flawed men "wrote" it, and I don't believe it from people who say the devil is somehow changing it. God is able to protect His Word. Period.

Greek Girl
                        Excellent .....thank you Greek Girl. my sentiments precisely.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Here is a Scientific test you can easily do:

Type in "the wolf shall dwell with the lamb" in the search bar, and click on "images".
                          Now ask yourself why there are so many pictures of a lion laying down with a lamb?
                          Why are there so many images of "a lion laying down with a lamb" instead of a wolf?

Please answer

Last edited by Ed J; 03-04-2017, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Here is a Scientific test you can easily do:

Type in "the wolf shall dwell with the lamb" in the search bar, and click on "images".
                            Now ask yourself why there are so many pictures of a lion laying down with a lamb?
                            Why are there so many images of "a lion laying down with a lamb" instead of a wolf?

Please answer

There are about equal number of images with a lion or a wolf.

And scientifically this proves what, Ed???

Comment

Working...
                            X