Confused about Pre-Trib Teaching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about Pre-Trib Teaching

I'm confused, so I thought maybe someone here could explain it to me.

Here's what I understand: Pre-trib rapture believers think that the Lord's return is imminent (meaning that no other event must take place before Jesus can come beack). They also believe that after the bride is removed, a seven year tribulation will occur and people will be saved during that time (tribulation saints). The bride will not be forced to choose against the mark of the beast, but only those who are saved AFTER the rapture.

Here are my questions:
    1. How do pre-tribbers explain 2 Thess 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition..."? Doesn't that seem to indicate that we will be here AT LEAST until the antichrist shows up?

2. If the rapture (the dead in Christ first and then those who are alive) is the first resurrection, and the second resurrection is when those who are not in the Book of Life are resurrected, when are the tribulation saints who die because they don't take the mark resurrected? The first one has passed, and the second one is not for believers, so is this resurrection 1.5?

What are THEIR answers to these questions?

I'm asking because someone posted a Word from Z3 News today: "My Church Does Not Really Believe I'm Coming Back Soon!" https://z3news.com/w/church-im-coming/. I felt that it was a genuine Word and that the man's confirmation was real, but a comment someone made under it (the VERY FIRST comment) is generating comments on a FB group I frequent (A Minute to Midnite), and these comments DO NOT sit right with me. Now, maybe you will understand my questions.

Thanks for your insights!

Greek Girl

Dear Greek Girl:

The pre-tribbers negate the Tribulation for the bride of Christ. They distort that passage in 2 Thessalonians 2.

For many, many years I went to Baptist churches all of which taught that Jesus was going to come back in a N.Y. minute and rapture His bride away, without any suffering and absolutely no Tribulation. The passage in 2 Thes 2: 3 was often interpreted to say that the "great falling away," meant the church would be raptured out of the way ie: "the pie in the sky theory.". The Left Behind series and accompanying teachers still teach this theory. However, if one looks at the passage in context, it is clear that a literal falling away (from The true Gospel of Jesus Christ) of the church is already underway. And when one looks at the NAR and dominion-ist fallacies that are sweeping the church world-wide, it is evident this passage is already in play. We see where the doctrine of demons and the wide road of ecumenical unity is already taking place.

Note Thes 2: 10-11 "And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. vs 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:"

Regarding the site you have linked and the Troutman comments, they scream of NAR to me......perhaps I am wrong. But anytime I hear a "prophecy," that elevates a man or a woman and does not call for repentance and the glorification of Jesus Christ, alone,......but rather people, my alarm bells go off. No doubt we are in for chaos and destruction and much death and suffering. The pre-trib theory does not account for The Two Witnesses in Rev 11 nor for the rise of the beast system and the abomination that makes desolation.

Surely, there will be some remnant left or else who would be here to see Him when the eastern sky splits and HE comes to rescue His bride?

Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

I definitely see the falling away to other doctrines (of demons). I have tried listening to pre-trib people explain everything, but I get agitated and have to turn it off. It still doesn't make sense to me. I am praying more for discernment and protection against deception these days.

Thank you for your analysis of the article and comments. I see what you mean about it not making Jesus the center.

Greek Girl

Comment

Here is the comment. What do you guys think?

"This is an amazing testimony/experience. Thank you for sharing this. My daughter called me at 4:45 am this morning and was very shaken. She had just had a 3 part dream about the rapture and Jesus coming back. She began to prophesy to me. She said the same things you stated. She said Jesus told her He is getting ready to come back right now and that the devil has been trying to scare and misguide people in order to take their focus off of the reality that HE IS RETURNING FOR HIS PEOPLE. HE IS AT THE DOOR. She said Jesus told her Satan wanted to deceive us into preparing too much in the physical and to be focused on all of the bad so that we would not be ready when He comes for us and so we would not prepare spiritually as we should. She said so much more but I can no do it justice and am only remembering the “jist” of it.

She said the dream and vision started with a STRONG wind blowing through her home.She said there were storms everywhere but they did not touch God’s people. She said we were protected from this. They went to take cover in the house and my granddaughter Hayden was raptured right before their very eyes and Jesus then showed her what would take place as the rapture was happening and after.

SHE said that Jesus told her alot of the things we have been shown will happen just as we are raptured. At that very moment. She said that Jesus told her that the devil has worked through many vessels to give false dates and false words in order to take peoples focus off of the return of HIS RETURN FOR US. That it is immanent and SATAN wants US DISTRACTED. She said Jesus told her that the rapture in itself would cause such pandemonium that it would bring on world war and deep confusion. She said that what Jesus showed her was so much worse than the movie left behind.. That the world would go to war over the rapture of the bride of Christ. He showed her total devastation and chaos.

My daughter is 25 years old, a mother of two and has a prophetic mantle on her life. She was filled with the Holy Spirit at age 5 during the middle of the night after a revival we had attended. She woke up that morning and said the angels of God had been in her bedroom that night and began speaking in tounges and began marching around the house praying and rebuking Satan. She is a fierce woman of God who hears clearly from him.

JESUS IS COMING!!!! PREPARE OURSELVES FOR THE SON OF GOD AND KING OF KINGS!"

Greek Girl

Comment

I talked to a pre-tribber. She gave me this site: http://www.raptureready.com/rr-pre-trib-rapture.html It helped me to understand things from their perspective. It doesn't ring true to me, but I at least understand it.

Greek Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Greek Girl View Post
            I'm confused, so I thought maybe someone here could explain it to me.

Here's what I understand: Pre-trib rapture believers think that the Lord's return is imminent (meaning that no other event must take place before Jesus can come beack). They also believe that after the bride is removed, a seven year tribulation will occur and people will be saved during that time (tribulation saints). The bride will not be forced to choose against the mark of the beast, but only those who are saved AFTER the rapture.

Here are my questions:
            1. How do pre-tribbers explain 2 Thess 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition..."? Doesn't that seem to indicate that we will be here AT LEAST until the antichrist shows up?

2. If the rapture (the dead in Christ first and then those who are alive) is the first resurrection, and the second resurrection is when those who are not in the Book of Life are resurrected, when are the tribulation saints who die because they don't take the mark resurrected? The first one has passed, and the second one is not for believers, so is this resurrection 1.5?

What are THEIR answers to these questions?

I'm asking because someone posted a Word from Z3 News today: "My Church Does Not Really Believe I'm Coming Back Soon!" https://z3news.com/w/church-im-coming/. I felt that it was a genuine Word and that the man's confirmation was real, but a comment someone made under it (the VERY FIRST comment) is generating comments on a FB group I frequent (A Minute to Midnite), and these comments DO NOT sit right with me. Now, maybe you will understand my questions.

Thanks for your insights!

Greek Girl

Hi Greek Girl,
            I recently listened to a Pastor who used the same verse.

2 Thess 2:3, he said, as he quoted the verse.
            "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition

Then he went on to say, the "falling away" was the "taking up" or the "rapture", if you will.

Strongs Concordance shows it to be an Apostasy or Writing of Divorce.
            Last edited by Barbara; 01-07-2017, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Faithful Christians will certainly suffer persecution in the last days, though not all necessarily. But all will feel the threat of it. Just the threat of it will be enough for many people to abandon their faith, while others will stand still stronger. That's the point. And many who haven't been saved will come to Christ when they see how His truly faithful behave under trial. There's no biblical basis at all to support the doctrine that we'll be caught up before trouble comes, and very much which indicates that the world will hate us just as it hates our Lord. Millions of faithful Christians have already paid with their lives during these past 2,000 years, who are still resting quietly until the Lord comes to fetch them. For them it will be as the twinkling of the eye, that great span of time. But it won't necessarily be our very lives which are demanded of us. Many will lose their jobs, their homes, their churches as Bible-believers are more and more disfavored. And some will lose their liberty, and some even their lives. We will however be caught up with the Lord before the world is utterly destroyed, which is good news, isn't it? It's going to be a very nasty, unspeakably horrible place for a little while, this world, when the time of its destruction comes. We shouldn't want to wish that for anybody, however unrighteous they might be. I understand that this is easier said than done, but it is appropriate to consider suffering for the Lord's sake a great honor. Nonetheless, it will be good to be with people who support us in the faith.

Comment

I believe the falling away is by the Christians who have believed the pre-trib rapture. They didn't escape before all the turmoil and are now angry at God. The rapture became a doctrine of the church after a young girl in Scotland (?) had a dream. Research it. I have always questioned the rapture even when I was in churches that taught and believed it. Jacob Prasch... Moriel TV on YouTube has an excellent teach on this. He is a Messianic Jew. In fact, on other teachings he goes into False teachers in the church. Just information you may be interested in.

Comment

Thank you all for your comments. I found a new scripture that I hadn't seen before. The person was using it to support a pre-trib rapture, but to me it only supports pre-wrath. Since the wrath could happen in the short time after Jesus arrives (in those few days before His reign begins), this still could support post-trib in my mind:

Isaiah 26:19-21, "Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead. Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast. For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain."

Greek Girl

Comment

Working...
                  X