Kent Hovind says Christians can take the Mark of the Beast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent Hovind says Christians can take the Mark of the Beast

I was flabbergasted when I heard this because I know several of his videos have been posted on here before.
    Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

My oh my. The mark of the beast must be soon, cause people are going down the road of lies and believing what God has not said. Very sad.
    The Sweet Psalmist

https://watchmanscry.vbulletin.net/f...sweet-psalmist

Comment

How many Christians are going to take the mark of the beast cause they have been told they can be forgiven.
      The Sweet Psalmist

https://watchmanscry.vbulletin.net/f...sweet-psalmist

Comment

Originally posted by Serena View Post
        How many Christians are going to take the mark of the beast cause they have been told they can be forgiven.
        I know. It breaks my heart.

I was just discussing something with a good friend of mine who moved away. I mentioned that the church we used to attend is doing the Transformed series by Rick Warren. When I mentioned him being a false teacher, she came up for air quickly! A good friend of theirs from a former church in N.C. is now working at RW's church. She can't believe he would be working with someone who was a false teacher. Then she proceeded to send me link after link with you tube vids, etc. One was of John Piper interviewing RW. Duh! Piper is also a false teacher and even runs in the circles of John MacArthur who also preaches you can take the Mark and still be saved. Such deception. It was already tearing at my heart anyway, but now, when I see it drawing in very close friends of mine. Oh...the heartbreak. And when I saw this friend is a good friend -- when they lived locally, there were times I called her mom and times I called her daughter. And she did the same to me because our roles would change, depending on the circumstances. Now looking back on that, and thinking of the scripture where it speaks of a house being divided, with mother against daughter, it sheds a whole new light on it. A light that I hate to see, but in these times, we know it's going to happen because Jesus told us so.
        Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

Wow. He has done some great things that have gotten a lot of notoriety with his ideas about the "young earth" and his debates with the now-insane and debauched Bill Nye. I'm disappointed here.

As for the set-up, the guy who poses the question is using a logical fallacy called a "false dichotomy" -- he is presenting the situation as if there are only two possibilities that are mutually exclusive. The guy says, "It's a contradiction: how can you be 'sealed until the day of redemption' but then go to hell when you take the mark?" He is implying that since both things can't be true, one must be false. Either God lied about sealing people, or there is another way to interpret Revelation 14:9. KH then proceeds to do just that. What both men are ignoring is that we see through a glass darkly. How ever these two things SEEM to contradict each other, they ARE both true, as evidenced by them both being in the Word of God.

Here is another excellent example of why we follow God and not people. This guy has had some good, solid stuff over the years, but he is off the rails now. We must keep our eyes on Jesus and continue asking the Spirit of Truth to teach us in all things. If we do that and someone we follow pulls something like this, we just say, "Hang on! I don't THINK so!" and walk away before he takes us down with him.

Thanks for posting!

Greek Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Greek Girl View Post
            Wow. He has done some great things that have gotten a lot of notoriety with his ideas about the "young earth" and his debates with the now-insane and debauched Bill Nye. I'm disappointed here.

As for the set-up, the guy who poses the question is using a logical fallacy called a "false dichotomy" -- he is presenting the situation as if there are only two possibilities that are mutually exclusive. The guy says, "It's a contradiction: how can you be 'sealed until the day of redemption' but then go to hell when you take the mark?" He is implying that since both things can't be true, one must be false. Either God lied about sealing people, or there is another way to interpret Revelation 14:9. KH then proceeds to do just that. What both men are ignoring is that we see through a glass darkly. How ever these two things SEEM to contradict each other, they ARE both true, as evidenced by them both being in the Word of God.

Here is another excellent example of why we follow God and not people. This guy has had some good, solid stuff over the years, but he is off the rails now. We must keep our eyes on Jesus and continue asking the Spirit of Truth to teach us in all things. If we do that and someone we follow pulls something like this, we just say, "Hang on! I don't THINK so!" and walk away before he takes us down with him.

Thanks for posting!

Greek Girl
            Good insights. And yes, that is why we follow GOD and not people.

I was discussing with a friend how some say, "Well, go ahead and listen. Keep the good, throw out the bad." However, if I made you a batch of brownies which had one tiny piece of p**p in it, would you still eat them? After all, they are MOSTLY good. That is why Jesus said a little leaven leavens the whole lump.

Comment

• Greek Girl
              Greek Girl commented
              Editing a comment
              Good, albeit disgusting, analogy!

GG - indeed it was a disgusting analogy. BUT, it is one that leaves a definite impression, doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
            X