Winnie the Pooh and False Doctrine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winnie the Pooh and False Doctrine

My friend, Kathy, sent me this insightful information.

She was listening to the history of how Walt Disney put Winnie the Pooh together. Pooh was a popular story in England but not the US. He introduced it with short, 30-minute features. After we got used to it, and fell in love with Pooh, we were ready for a full feature film. It was a smashing hit.

That got her to thinking… That was a very smart tactic and it worked. Give people small doses of something and it’s not a shock to the system. The church had been giving its people small doses of false teaching for so long, it’s no wonder they can’t see error. They enjoy the new full length feature now. And looking at the mega churches, it’s a smashing hit.
    Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Originally posted by Renee M View Post
    Give people small doses of something and it’s not a shock to the system. The church had been giving its people small doses of false teaching for so long, it’s no wonder they can’t see error. They enjoy the new full length feature now. And looking at the mega churches, it’s a smashing hit.
    Precisely sister.

Although it was a political, economic and military reference, the quote below is applicable for the point you are making (above), regarding 'the church' today.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” - Joseph Goebbels

Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

Good analogy! Any time you're going to make big changes in a society or even a small group, you can't do it all at once. This is another great analogy (NO FROGS WERE HURT):

Greek Girl

Comment

It works with animals too. I often have to change the routine with livestock. Sometimes it's the goat milking schedule or bottle calf feeding area. It works best in small changes.

Example: When my 2 bottle calves were a couple weeks old I kicked them out of their pen in the goat milking room and put them outside with the other livestock. It's also my manger. Then I was trying to feed them and the 1 year old steers wanted to get involved, causing problems. After a couple of days I figured out that they wanted to come back in with the does when I milk them. So I just walk them back to their pen they were use to. They wait patiently while I milk the goats. I then put the goat out, pour their milk into the calf bottles and feed them where they were use to be fed. Everybody's happy.

Comment

Working...
        X