No announcement yet.

How to deal with "Persecution" at work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to deal with "Persecution" at work?

Does anyone else feel this? It's not an outright attack but almost like an oppressive spirit that makes me feel so isolated. I work 3 days a week, and don't participate in Thirsty Thursdays (pub social after work where conversations turn unsavory), Halloween pumpkin carving, Pride Days - all events sponsored by the employer. Although I have never "witnessed" as such (talking religion can be cause for getting fired), the cliques in the office talk behind my back, buy coffees for the manager, and schedule important meetings for when I'm off (Thursday and Friday).

Now I find that they decide on Thursday am on important work to be completed by Monday am and send me an urgent message to get it done (which I end up doing on Sunday night). Also I've been working really hard and creating all the content for a project but my colleague gets to give the presentations although I have experience presenting to C-level executives, which really hurts. I'm not exactly young and flirty. Other people boast about their work, but I can't find it inside me to do this, and I just leave it to the Lord to give me the just rewards.

I go to work and come home miserable and my friends tell me to "suck it up". It seems like I'm under the authority of the spirit of mammon because I need to sell my soul to survive in the office? Looking to my brothers and sisters here for any advice ... resigning is not an option as I need the money. Thank you in advance ...

Originally posted by Intruth View Post
    Does anyone else feel this? It's not an outright attack but almost like an oppressive spirit that makes me feel so isolated. I work 3 days a week, and don't participate in Thirsty Thursdays (pub social after work where conversations turn unsavory), Halloween pumpkin carving, Pride Days - all events sponsored by the employer. Although I have never "witnessed" as such (talking religion can be cause for getting fired), the cliques in the office talk behind my back, buy coffees for the manager, and schedule important meetings for when I'm off (Thursday and Friday).

Now I find that they decide on Thursday am on important work to be completed by Monday am and send me an urgent message to get it done (which I end up doing on Sunday night). Also I've been working really hard and creating all the content for a project but my colleague gets to give the presentations although I have experience presenting to C-level executives, which really hurts. I'm not exactly young and flirty. Other people boast about their work, but I can't find it inside me to do this, and I just leave it to the Lord to give me the just rewards.

I go to work and come home miserable and my friends tell me to "suck it up". It seems like I'm under the authority of the spirit of mammon because I need to sell my soul to survive in the office? Looking to my brothers and sisters here for any advice ... resigning is not an option as I need the money. Thank you in advance ...
    We are a peculiar people Not of this world sister and so of course we do Not fit in.....

Loneliness and isolation are part of the narrow road wilderness walk. Consider praying for someone, just one person even, in the whole world to whom you can befriend and pray with and encourage. I realize that may see like a passive activity, but I do know that Jesus can send that special someone (preferably a sister in The Lord) into your life. The enemy tries to make us 'feel' like there is no one who cares. But GOD. Emerse yourself in His Word and what HE says about you, His beloved. HE can help you navigate in this lonely season of your life.

Praying for you InTruth.

Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

Thank you HisDoulas for your prayers. I'm not as emotionally, physically or financially resilient as I would like to be. It makes me worry that when anarchy arrives and the microchipping begins, how strong I'll be to resist the coming evils. It appears to be easier to accept sudden death (e.g. through violence by martial law or home invaders) than by slow persecution (e.g. access to food, a home and medications removed). So sorry if I'm thinking so much about what may be coming and being pessimistic - I must turn my thoughts from the cares of this world to looking forward to the safety of our God and His protection. This isolation is probably very mild compared to the suffering which may come during the tribulation and is probably "training" ground for exercising my faith. I'll pray for Jesus to send a sister in the Lord so we can care for and support each other and continue seeking a church which preaches the deeper truths of the Word.

Comment

Intruth, I have been praying for you too. Worrying about the things that might happen might not happen like you think they might. But if they do happen the way you think they will happen, Jesus will be with you through it. Stay close to Jesus. A pastor once said, "If you look at your problem and worry about it, you make the problem bigger than God in your eyes. But if you look at God, the problem does not look so big anymore."
        Remember Paul and Silas in prison singing to the Lord. That is where we need to me. Able to worship God where ever we are. Press close and stay close to Jesus. He is our only hope and shield. Our buckler and the lifter of our heads.
        Jesus is with you, so there is no need to worry about it. Just rest in Jesus' arms. He is with you through it all. Just knowing that He is with me through it all, brings me great peace. I hope that it brings you peace as well.
        The Sweet Psalmist

https://watchmanscry.vbulletin.net/f...sweet-psalmist

Comment

Thank you Serena for your encouragement and wisdom. I must just surrender all my circumstances and negative thoughts to the Lord and give all into His control, instead of trying so hard myself. At my age, I should realize that nothing is fair in this fallen world and not to be offended. I just sat in bed all day listening to worship songs and decided to stop striving so hard to impress my employer as God is my ultimate provider.

Comment

• Serena
            Serena commented
            Editing a comment
            Hugs and prayers.
        Working...
        X