• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really?

Stupidity in action!!
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/07...tic-photo.html

People have no common sense these days.
    Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

Have seen that photo around Horsefeathers. Makes one wonder if it is real or a photo shopped picture.

Either way, yes when we could not see thru the sky for all the toxins and smoke, folks were still riding bikes, jogging, swimming in the river and riding their motorcycles like it was no big deal - just entertainment as usual.

Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

I am many states away from those wildfires, but we could smell them here yesterday. Awful!
        Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

I agree that this photo makes the golfers look really stupid but they were actually not in danger. What you cannot see in the photo is that the Columbia River is between the golfers and the fire because the golfers are on the Washington side of the Columbia River and the fire is on the Oregon side. Some sparks did cross the Columbia and start a fire briefly on the Washington side, but with the wide, deep, and strong-flowing Columbia River between the golfers and the fire, they were not in danger. I guess the smoke wasn't bad enough yet to deter the serious golfer.

When the east wind was blowing through the Gorge, the smoke was bad in the western valleys. I couldn't work outside and there was even a light falling of ash. I'm at least 50 miles to the west of the fire. The sun was red and the moon was red. The sunlight was so odd. It reflected red on the pavement and buildings and just had the weirdest tinge to it. Unfortunately, the east wind is supposed to come back this week, so we might get more smoke. Although firefighters hope the east wind will blow the fire back on itself and help contain it.

A few houses have been lost but, by the mercy of God, no lives have been lost and the fire crews managed to save the Multnomah Falls historic lodge and the town of Cascade Locks. Having an unlimited supply of water close by in the Columbia was undoubtedly a big help but the terrain is extremely steep. I-84 is still closed through the Gorge, and that is the only east-west interstate freeway into the Portland/Vancouver area. Vehicles can still get through on the state road on the Washington side but that road is so twisty and turning--i don't like it. They also opened the Columbia River back up to river traffic. ODOT has to clear I-84 of trees and landslides before it can be reopened. The Columbia River Gorge has always been one of the 'crown jewels' of Oregon with numerous hiking trails well-used by Oregon and Washington residents and the historic highway meandering through the Gorge higher up than I-84. It was always fun to drive through the Gorge on I-84 in the rainy spring and see how many impromptu waterfalls one could spot from the road. Now the Gorge is burning, 34,000 acres so far, and only 7% contained.

And all this because a group of teenagers thought it would be fun to throw fireworks into a bone dry ravine. Now that is stupidity.

Dori

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=d2kEYBAfcyQ

Have you seen this folks? If you don't like the audio.....just let the visuals hit your eyes and your heart.
            Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

For those who had to wear this past week N95 particulate facial masks, indoors, the burning eyes, sore throats, sinuses pain and headaches ....not to mention difficulty breathing it was no small thing. ***

*** This comment is not meant at all to diminish what the people on the ground and the firefighting personnel are enduring

Comment

Working...
              X