Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOMBSHELL: Most Current Species Are Only 100,000 - 200,000 Years Old!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOMBSHELL: Most Current Species Are Only 100,000 - 200,000 Years Old!

I would like to get the comments of folks on this study “Why should mitochondria define species?”. It's a study that basically states that most of the current animals on earth date back to no further than 100,000 – 200,000 years, including humans.
    What does this mean for current evolutionary theory?

Here is an article on the study, that includes some interesting links, a worthwhile read: Most Species the “Same Age” with No “In-Between” Species
    Here is the study itself: Why should mitochondria define species?

Let me throw this in as well, an interesting article that points to a young earth: A Young-Earth Creation Human Mitochondrial DNA “Clock”: Whole Mitochondrial Genome Mutation Rate Confirms D-Loop Results

I'm at times torn between a young and old earth, but this evidence seems to point to a young earth if taken in conjunction with the last link I provided above.
    It also says that species have genetic boundaries with nothing in between which backs up the creationist position.

Here's another take on it: Scripture Affirmed: 90 Percent Of Animals Formed Recently Alongside Humans, New Study Shows

I believe in a young earth, meaning I believe creation is no more than 6000-8000 years old.
    Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

Originally posted by Renee M View Post
      I believe in a young earth, meaning I believe creation is no more than 6000-8000 years old.
      I agree sister.
      Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

I am in agreement with the earth being 6000 to 10000 years.
        The Sweet Psalmist

https://watchmanscry.vbulletin.net/f...sweet-psalmist

Comment

I don't think we have the capacity to understand time before Adam. Which was first, our Creator or time? Obviously God was. He created all. I include that to mean time. I do not think it took Him all of one of our 24 hr. periods to create this or that before creating us. He thought, It was. God is not contained within time. He already knows the beginning and the end. I'd be content with knowing how many years ago Adam was kicked out of the Garden. We don't even really know that. Just guesses. For all I know He may have created time for our benefit. We're serial processors, one thing at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X