Osteopororis - doctor gave me Prolia injection, questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osteopororis - doctor gave me Prolia injection, questions

Went for a bone scan, doctor insisted that I get a shot of Prolia. Now I read all the side effects, that people who stop it, get compression fractures in their vertebrae! Also it lowers one's calcium levels, stops bone regrowing. I had it last week due to pressure and had to pay $450 for it (work insurance covered 80%), won't be able to afford it when I retire as government will not pay for this.

Any ideas on how to raise my calcium levels, increase my bone density and get off this medication? Apparently if one gets 2 or more shots, then one has to stay on it (every 6 months) for the rest of one's life! Not sure what to do and it's very expensive to go to a naturopath for natural remedies.

Hello intruth. I have a thought about something that may help you. Diatomaceous Earth is a product that is about 84% silica and it is supposed to help strengthen bones. I have been buying food grade and using up for 2 1/2 years now I get it from www.earthworkshealth.com They are a Christian company in Nebraska. They have all the info on line as to what is does for us. I buy a box of 4 jars once a year for hubby and I. We worked up to a heaping tbsp in water twice a day. I add a speck of baking soda as it seems to help it go down easier. There are tons of testimonies as to what it does and people that have been helped by this. I cost me 100.00 Canadian last time for the box. Use to be 80.00 but the difference in the exchange rate has really upped it. It would last you a year I would think. Really worth every penny to us, I have to look for another website I read and they have a great write up on this too. I will post it when I find it again.
    What it did for me was clean out parasites, strengthen nails and hair but the big thing was stopping AFib attacks 3 days after I started using it. I do not know why yet but I don’t care as it is wonderful not to suffer from that anymore. Also cleans out toxins and mercury on a daily basis according to the info.

Elaine

Comment

Farm stores will have Food Grade DE for a much less expensive cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Horsefeathers View Post
        Farm stores will have Food Grade DE for a much less expensive cost.
        Could be, but where I am I looke around and could not find anything. Looked on line and found ridiculously high prices eg amazon. Lol
        Shat are your thoughts on this? Has it helped you with anything? My grand daughter buys huge bags at the co op for her chickens and it is red in colour but for animals.

Comment

Could be but I have not found anything in those stores and nothing on line that compares to this price. I could buy a big bag at a lower price but to not want to deal with that issue. I get 4 x 2.5 lb jars and it is convenient. Have you used this and gotten help from it?

Elaine

Comment

The other website I referred to is the prairie homestead.com I think they have good info too.

Comment

I have used farm store DE for years on myself and horses, and dog. No problems. Follow the advice given on the DE info sites. We have it at our local farm stores for farm animals. This must be food grade to give them and not garden stuff. Tractor Supply if there is one in your area also handles it. It comes in 50 # bag. I put it into a metal trash can. Bag and all, not loose. If you are in a farming community there may be more than one farm store to check out. On line shopping for such a large bag would not be feasible. Shipping alone would be horrendous!

Comment

Thanks for the info about DE. I actually have 2 small bags of food grade DE which I use for sprinkling in my kitchen cupboards to kill ants, and I mix my white rice in it to reduce weevils. Never thought of eating it. Maybe I can sift some into a milky drink at night, e.g. Horlicks and see if it helps me! Hopefully it will also prevent hair loss because my hair is thinning fast and I've been taking biotin for this.

Comment

I stand corrected on where I can buy my next DE. When I looked for it in Canada three years ago I just did not come up with anything much for a place to get it. Got my current order from a hint on a different forum called diabetes daily. I just looked at amazon.ca this morning and I can buy a 10 l0 lb bag for $40 with free shipping. Going to order that next month just to have it on hand for the future. Prices will be going up again this year in Canada because of our “brilliant” governments and their carbon tax going up again. Yuppers, Charging more money is sure going to “change our climate”. But that is another subject for another thread.

Elaine

Comment

I bought mine from this place in Ontario - ordered online.
                    Our High-Quality Food Grade DE is safe and non-toxic, ready for personal, pets, and home uses. All our Diatomaceous Earth is packaged in biodegradable stand-up pouches, made in Canada. Your order may be fulfilled and shipped from Waterloo at our warehouse, or it may be shipped from a distribution center. If you have an

Comment

Research also shows that Prolia kills stem cells of different types in one's body. Seems like they really created this one to to cause more harm to us! Just posting in case someone similar to my age is told to take this:

https://www.regenexx.com/blog/resear...e-this-one-up/

https://healthunlocked.com/bonehealt...s-after-prolia.

Comment

Thanks for the website! I am thinking I would much prefer ordering there than from Amazon. They are so big now they remind me of Walmart. We are getting a new one million square foot Amazon distribution centre near the Edmonton International Airport which is half an hour from us. Was thinking that would make a great detention centre soon. Lol I prefer not to shop at Walmart either. Just sayin!

When it comes to the big pharma and their bone growth products I would not recommend them to anyone. I believe they cause harm and do not help. In the past my mom and another lady were on something in a pill form and it did not help one speck. Total waste of money.
                        Lots of vitamin D3, magnesium and vitamin k2 are supposed to work together to help bones so that is what I use too.

Elaine

Comment

Working...
                        X