Miss Sassy Pants >>> This One is for YOU <<< it's both Gross and Fabulous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss Sassy Pants >>> This One is for YOU <<< it's both Gross and Fabulous

Of all the things one might try for skin treatment.......consider this (dermatologist recommended) household secret:

http://www.nwedible.com/would-you-rub-pork-fat-on-your-face/

.........The coconut oil experiment led to the following internal debate:

. “Coconut oil is kinda like vegetarian lard. People love coconut oil, but I love lard. I could moisturize with lard.”

. “That would be really gross.”

. “But pigs are really close to people. Remember, there was that super creepy CSI episode where the pig is used to study the -”

. “Um…stop. This is getting grosser by the second. You have terrible powers of persuasion.”

. “Well, my point is, if pigs are similar in their body make-up to people, then doesn’t it make sense that pork fat would work well as a people moisturizer?”

. “You’re going to do this pork-turizer thing no matter what I say, aren’t you?”

. “Oh, I am so trying this.”

. “Please don’t ever mention that CSI episode again.”

Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

But it is true...pigs are closer to humans than coconuts.

Why would a plant product moisturize as well as an animal product....

Psst....no more cracked heals since I switched to lard.

Comment

I think we had a similar conversation the other day...without the CSI reference.....

Comment

• HisDoulas
        HisDoulas commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, Donna......... well I was going to dedicate this one to you.....but since Miss Sassy Pants is making the switch to LARD while her body is shrinking, I thought she needed a little encouragement after her recent kitchen episode with LARD.

Originally posted by Donna View Post

But it is true...pigs are closer to humans than coconuts.

Why would a plant product moisturize as well as an animal product....

Psst....no more cracked heals since I switched to lard.

LOL.......Donna, I KNEW you would love this one!!! Nothing like a little FAT in and on the bod to soften up them arteries and skin cells.

*** (poor grammar on purpose for the resident Grammar Nazi)

Last edited by HisDoulas; 03-18-2017, 06:50 PM.
      Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

I wondered if the 'internal debate' was a reference to both of you ladies. I'd love to be a fly on the wall, listening to some of your conversations! Now there would be some cheap, but fun entertainment!

Now there is an idea! And Donna, how did I know that you were going to post some fantastic results you've had in using lard for some body part issue?
        I already use my homemade facial cleanser as a nighttime moisturizer. It has beeswax in it and does a fabulous job on my skin. But now you have me intrigued! Maybe I'll save the pork from the next pork roast and try it. (Of course, that would be done w/o telling hubby and daughter, who think I've already lost my marbles!)

A coworker was just talking about having a split on her finger, near the nail. Hmmm...do you suppose she'd be open to the idea of lard for a cure???

Thanks gals, for the laughs. Too funny!
        Even so, Come Lord Jesus,
        Renee M

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

Just had a thought -- should I add this one to my bucket list???
          Renee M

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

Originally posted by Renee M View Post
            I wondered if the 'internal debate' was a reference to both of you ladies. I'd love to be a fly on the wall, listening to some of your conversations! Now there would be some cheap, but fun entertainment!

Now there is an idea! And Donna, how did I know that you were going to post some fantastic results you've had in using lard for some body part issue?
            I already use my homemade facial cleanser as a nighttime moisturizer. It has beeswax in it and does a fabulous job on my skin. But now you have me intrigued!

Maybe I'll save the pork from the next pork roast and try it. (Of course, that would be done w/o telling hubby and daughter, who think I've already lost my marbles!)

A coworker was just talking about having a split on her finger, near the nail. Hmmm...do you suppose she'd be open to the idea of lard for a cure???

Thanks gals, for the laughs. Too funny!
            LAUGHS, huh? ......Just who is laughing, sister???

Well,
            as you know....Donna...... is known for a quirky sense of humor and sometimes one has to laugh to keep from crying these days.

I'd hate to see you be the "marble less one" in any room, but maybe you could hide out in your kitchen when doing a LARD facial masque.

Comment

Just so you know -- I did NOT wear lard to bed last night.
              Renee M

Comment

Originally posted by Renee M View Post
                Just so you know -- I did NOT wear lard to bed last night.
                And why not?

LARD is all the rage these days.

Ole` for porcas de slum-burr........

Comment

I only get my pig fat skin treatment when we butcher pigs. Last year a bunch of us got together and butchered 3 of them at my neighbors. The women mainly do the meat wrapping and grinding. My neighbors daughter is a nurse. Us men put plenty of fat in the meat to be ground. She comes out to get the meat to grind in the other room and takes the fat out, chewing us out. She thinks fat is evil. The next bowl we hide the fat under the lean chunks. We men know that fat brings out the taste. That's why we all love bacon!!

Comment

Originally posted by RADONE View Post
                    I only get my pig fat skin treatment when we butcher pigs. Last year a bunch of us got together and butchered 3 of them at my neighbors. The women mainly do the meat wrapping and grinding. My neighbors daughter is a nurse. Us men put plenty of fat in the meat to be ground. She comes out to get the meat to grind in the other room and takes the fat out, chewing us out. She thinks fat is evil. The next bowl we hide the fat under the lean chunks. We men know that fat brings out the taste. That's why we all love bacon!!
                    Brother you are too much.....love your persistence to keep the fat and flavor in your meat.......

"She thinks the fat is evil."

​​​​​​Funny (odd funny) how a doctor or nurse won't even acknowledge that LARD helps lower cholesterol. I think they are willfully biased against healthy fat. And with so many in this nation with heart disease you'd think they would get a clue.

Comment

Working...
                    X