Mike Pence - unctuous???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Pence - unctuous???

I had an interesting discussion with my mom yesterday. She said she thinks Mike Pence is unctuous. I didn't know what the word meant, so I looked it up.

(of a person) excessively or ingratiatingly flattering

unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech

One website described such a person as one who is overly nice, in hopes of getting something from you.

My mom is a strong Democrat, so I usually don't put a lot of stock in what she says regarding politics. But her comment gave me pause for thought. I think she may be onto something here. What do you think?

Even so, Come Lord Jesus,
    Renee M

Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

It sounds like she's describing Eddie Haskell!

Comment

I thought it was an old English word for "anointed" "....you have an unction from the Holy One." LOL, I mean that's what it sounded like.

Comment

I have not been able to get this post off my mind. Yes Pence seems nice and he does proclaim Jesus. So I have always hated this nagging feeling I have....that he seems awful slick.

i truly hope that I am wrong.....

Comment

Originally posted by Donna View Post
          I have not been able to get this post off my mind. Yes Pence seems nice and he does proclaim Jesus. So I have always hated this nagging feeling I have....that he seems awful slick.

I do not know the man.....but, listening to the red flag warning bells has saved my life more than once.

So, I'd pay close attention to your gut. From experience, I seen your 1000% batting average in action, Donna.

Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

Originally posted by Donna View Post

I had begun to think that Mr. Pence is nice in an exaggerated kind of way -- even down to the "eager to please" expression that is always on his face -- it is possible that he is just a nice, unassuming man. But for some, it does pay to be cautious of some overly nice people -- they can turn out to be backstabbers or self-interested schemers.

Comment

• Donna
              Donna commented
              Editing a comment
              Praying that he is as kind as he seems.....

• Renee M
              Renee M commented
              Editing a comment
              I live in Indiana and always thought he seemed like he was a really nice guy. However, I was greatly disturbed when he started hanging with Trump. And then after my mom's comment, it's really got me waiting, watching, praying.

Just remember that he is still a politician.

Denny

Comment

Working...
            X