Here I am, Lord

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here I am, Lord

Joanie Stahl came out with a new Word from the Lord today: https://aminutetomidnite.com/prophec...oung-believer/

After I read it, I had the following experience that I posted on the A Minute to Midnite FB group. I know some people in this group aren't on FB or in that group, so I thought I would post it here as well.

Huge confirmation this morning! I already received confirmation of this Word because of something in it, so I knew it was from the Lord. I was struggling because I pray so much throughout the day and thank Him all the time that he allows continuous prayer. Anyway, I understood that God wasn't asking me to stop praying but to pray, listening. So, I decided on the "catch phrase" I could use when I wanted to pray but needed to listen. I decided on Samuel's "Here I am, Lord." So, I tried it this morning at the gas station when I stopped to pick up my morning iced tea.

So, I pulled up to the QT and tried it, "Here I am, Lord." Then, I walked in the doors an heard, "Buy him a cup of coffee." Now, there had been a guy sitting, leaning against the building on the way in. I started to question if I was hearing right. I decided to be a weanie and asked God if I could ASK the guy if he wanted coffee. I didn't hear anything, but I got the sense that it was okay, so I asked him. He said yes, shivering, so I bought the coffee and 2 doughnuts and went to pay. The girl said, ".98" I said, "Did you get the coffee too?" (I had picked out a large coffee, so I knew it should be a lot more.) She shook her head like, "No. You're not paying for this!" I paid for the doughnuts and handed them to the guy, telling him that it was from Jesus.

One more interesting note: the girl who shook her head "No" about the coffee was the same girl who, on a different day a month or so ago, had given me a free iced tea one day for no apparent reason directly after I had heard "Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." QT employees shift stores every day, so I don't see this girl very often at all. Either she is hearing from the same Source I am, or she is an angel!

Amen to that sister! Your post reminds me of the scripture where Jesus says that we must be like little children and trust him. To some people it sounds crazy, but when you know God, this makes perfect sense. It's also a good reminder that we don't always have to talk when we spend time with God. Thanks for sharing this & glory to God.

Comment

Thank you for the post, I agree! The Lord has shown me that I am to "Be Still". Normally I want to pray for everyone and everything, but the Lord has changed that to "Just Be Still" he wants me to be quiet, so this post confirms and answers a lot for me. I have always asked God for "Divine Appointments" so that when I go out or into stores he will show me who and what He wants to see and do, I love when the Lord does have 'divine appointments' throughout my day. Also, in these times I feel the Lord has shown me with all of the great turmoil on the "right and the left" that I am to walk between the two (like the Israelites did through the Sea), not looking to the right or to the left and only follow Him, keep my eyes focused on Him and be open to His Spirit and Trust Him as we enter into these perilous times...thank you again for posting - Allison
      Last edited by HisDaughter; 02-14-2017, 01:55 PM.
      8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
      And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”...9 So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

Comment

Working...
      X