• Show
Clear All

• The Lesson in the Waves

Click image for larger version

Name:	view-of-waves-on-the.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	5349

God's judgement is coming. Everyone who understands the Bible and knows God knows that His patience with sin, while long suffering, does run out. When judgement comes, it comes in waves. Watchmen have been warning, and those who hear from God directly have let the rest of us know that when the time comes to chastise the people, it won't be a one and done. There will be multiple events that will lead to the cleansing of the Bride, mercy to the lost who will seek God in their pain, and a hardening of the heart to those who will ultimately reject the Light of God.

This week, I spent a few glorious days in Cancun, Mexico. I had prayed about it and felt that God was okay with the trip, and while I was there, I was conscious of just how much God always takes care of me and my needs. I had wanted a beach so badly, wanted to feel my toes in the sand, and He had made a way for me to go. I had the vague sensation that this trip with my husband, plus the other two trips I was/am taking in quick succession, one with my mother and one with my father, are a kind of "last hurrah" of sorts before some hard times come. I don't have a "thus sayeth the Lord" on that by any means -- it's just a feeling whether it's right or wrong. Anyway, about the second or third day into my trip to Cancun, I was out in the water, and these thoughts came to me:

The Lesson in the Waves: Judgement and the Child of God

When we see the waves (of judgement) crashing toward the shore, they will look ferocious from afar, but we (children of God), are not to fear. Because just as the wave gets near to us, an alternative force from the shore (God's protection) will lessen the impact. What should have knocked us over will become a gentle bump. Also, even on the same beach within a few feet of each other, there are high spots and low spots. At a high spot (near to God), the wave hits at the shin and has a much lesser impact than at a low spot (further from God, more invested in the world) where the wave hits in the gut and can knock us over. Also, whether a high spot or a low spot, and no matter how much those waves are mitigated, sometimes a wave just hits hard anyway. (I think there will be some parts of judgement that will hit us personally.) One time a wave hit me, hard, and I got water in my eyes and my mouth, so I went back to my beach chair and wiped the water from my face and took a sip of my cool drink. I then realized that God will be with us during that time, and the Holy Spirit will be there to comfort us whatever we go through. The last thing I noticed while on the beach thinking through this analogy was that the waves themselves never came to the beach chairs. In fact, some people never even got their feet wet but were content on the shore. The further out, the harder the waves, but the stronger the sense that God was with me and in control. Very soon, some may be asked to get off their beach chairs (or out of their bunkers) and get into the water, and some will be asked to go further into the waves than they ever thought they would, but those are the people who will experience the glorious magnificence of a God who holds every drop of the crashing sea in His hands.

Greek Girl

What an excellent word, sister Greek Girl.

And there was for you, no better place to receive this promoting, than where the majesty of GOD is shown in an endless and vast expanse of the ocean, with wave upon wave crashing against the shore. Thank you for sharing this analogy with the saints.

Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

Absolutely beautiful, and so insightful! And I'm so happy that you got to go on a trip. That is wonderful!
      Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

Thanks for sharing, I too have had a moving towards the thought of the thing call Normal is almost over. My wife and I have discussed taking a trip to Texas to see family would not be a option much longer. Judgement will fall on all of us Just and Unjust. Like you talked about the waves hitting us, God will less the blow , as I write this the spirit is speaking to me to say. Even if the blow knocks me down, and this part of my journey is over( I win) Praise The Lord. The closer it gets the more I understand this is not my home. Thanks for let ting me ramble.

Comment

Working...
        X