God is Good!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God is Good!

The secular world believes that there is no God, but the evidence is oh, so clear. I want to recount the events of my day to show you that not only is there a God and a devil, but God is so very good.

As most of you already know, I teach high school English. During my fourth period today, I had a kid who tends to argue get in my face about not turning in something that was due because he "didn't know" how to do something. Well, that is just ridiculous because I had spent the class period before going over what was due several times. He was new to my class, transferred from the career high school in my district, so he came to my class a week behind and was using that as his excuse not to have the things I asked all the other kids to have BEFORE their test began. I kept telling him to sit down, but he wouldn't. Finally, I snapped at him that I would help him after the test, and he left my desk area so that I could get the kids started on their tests. While they were testing, I e-mailed my two friends who also teach the class, asking them for their best come-back to "I didn't know." In that e-mail, I said that the kid was "making my blood pressure go up, and if he didn't quit, I was going to have an attack." I looked at what I typed, realized that words have power so I shouldn't type that, and changed it to "...if he didn't quit, I was going to get an eye twitch."

Right as the kids were finishing testing, my appraiser walked in. She is the (really tough) vice-principal that is second in command in the school, and this is the first year that she is my direct supervisor. She noticed we were testing, made a few notes and left (but not before I got even more upset by the idea that she was watching me). The kids got done with their test, and I stood up to talk about the next assignment, and I couldn't catch my breath. I kept gulping for air -- it was like I didn't have enough to say the words I was trying to say. My heart rate was fast, and I wondered if I was having some sort of panic attack. I knew that I couldn't read the short story out loud as I had planned, so I got a student volunteer to read the story out loud. I sat down and asked a sister in Christ online for prayer and also prayer from my one friend at work. My friend at work e-mailed back that she would pray but that I should probably see the nurse. She would send her special education co-teacher to watch my class. I went to the nurse, and on the way, I just knew that God was with me. I said, "Thank you for being with me, but could you also give the nurse wisdom, too?" When I got there, my BP had spiked to 155 over something-or-other I didn't pay attention to. By the time I left 20 minutes later, it was down to 130. I went back and finished my day fine.

When I got back to my class, my sister in Christ online said the same thing I had thought on the way: Jesus was with me. She told me later that she had asked two other sisters to pray -- and had had computer issues while trying to do that. I also found out that my husband had e-mailed me hours before that, sending me a picture of the ocean (my favorite and the most relaxing place on earth) and telling me to have a good day.

Bottom line: words have power. The enemy took my words and used them to attack. (I repented for speaking those words over myself.) But more importantly, God is good. My husband had no idea what would happen, but he still sent a calming influence. My sisters in Christ were available and willing to pray, and God was right there with me the whole time, calming me down and allowing me to get back to normal. God is good!

Greek Girl

HE IS awesome 24-7-365.

Our enemy tries to deceive us into doubting GOD.

Thank you Greek Girl for giving Him the credit and the glory. Great testimony of GOD's amazing power and faithfulness in our hour(s) of need.

Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

Wonderful testimony!
      Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

Praise the Lord! God is so good!

In Mystery of History we were studying on Voltaire (a leader in the Enlightenment) How he was a deist. And what a deist is.

Your story shows too that God has not left His creation like the deist would say.

Praise the Lord! God is so good!
        The Sweet Psalmist

https://watchmanscry.vbulletin.net/f...sweet-psalmist

Comment

Working...
        X