He fills needs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He fills needs

It's so amazing when God fills a need that we didn't even know we had! I have been "unchurched" for a long time. I have been watching YouTube videos and fellowshipping here and elsewhere online ever since He saved me and gave me His Spirit six years ago. I had been to other churches over the years -- I grew up in the Greek Orthodox church, but I also went to a Methodist church and a Nondenominational church for a while, but I never felt like I was a part of anything. Well, the week before Easter, I was worshiping by myself with music from the computer with my hand raised, and I got this URGE to worship with other people. "Pentecostal" popped in, so I looked online for a church. I drove to one near my house, but there was some sort of special Easter program happening, so it wasn't really open for the public. I drove to one a little further away, and I have been there for about a month now. This church "I" found is Spirit filled. They are 100% biblical and focused on what is the Lord's will. It's tiny, about 30 people, and a lot of the people are from one family, but the people are so loving and open. There are whites, blacks, and Hispanics, old and young, and Jesus is the common denominator. They took me right in, praying with me and remembering me, and just loving me. I just know that God has sent me there. I didn't even know that I needed a church family, but already I feel more a part of this church than all the other years of church combined. I will say, though, that Pentecostals are hard core about their church! I have never gone to church 3 times per week in my life, so I'm on an endurance curve -- but I'm loving it.

Anywyay, praise God for the things He gives us that we didn't even know we needed!

Greek Girl

Praise GOD.

Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

Praise the Lord Jesus!
      The Sweet Psalmist

https://watchmanscry.vbulletin.net/f...sweet-psalmist

Comment

Praising God with you! I recently went back to the A/G I attended from 1983-2012. Different pastor there now, and he is a true shepherd. This church used to be THE church to attend for all Easter/Christmas productions, but then mega churches started coming and we lost a lot of people. Used to have 750 at least. Now there is around 75 people on Sunday AM. BUT this church preaches truth and biblical repentance, which is not commonly heard, so it is going to be smaller because of that. I'm also happy to be back in with a church family. Though A/G churches are pre-trib, I feel the Lord has placed me there for such a time as this, and in time, He will let me reveal pieces of what the Lord showed me when I was out of church for over 4 years.
        Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

• Renee M
          Renee M commented
          Editing a comment
          I had the same thought!

• Serena
          Serena commented
          Editing a comment
          Praise the Lord for you too! I have not tried. All we have is Lutheran churches and a catholic in town. Does any one know about the Lutheran churches?

• Renee M
          Renee M commented
          Editing a comment
          Serena, a Lutheran church is just a step down from a Catholic church. I wouldn't waste my time going there.

Serena, I agree with Renee - it is liken to Catholic-lite.
        Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

I grew up going to a Catholic church. I once went to a Lutheran service for a co-workers dad that had passed away. I seemed pretty much Catholic to me. I would think that wasn't what Martin Luther was looking for. For fun one day Mom and I pinned labels on all the different denominations. When we were about finished I said "and non-denominational is just a denomination without a name".

Comment

Thank you guys. Looks like I am staying home for church then. My strength is slowly getting better. I think I can sit through a sermon. But with my husband's job and having one car, I can't get there and back home after church. And no one is going to want to go out of their way to bring us home.
            The Sweet Psalmist

https://watchmanscry.vbulletin.net/f...sweet-psalmist

Comment

I'm thinking more and more about "Listen, Obey, and Truest." I think when God wants you to go to a church, He will give you a desire and make a way. Until then, you just do what He is calling you to do from where you are.

Greek Girl

Comment

• Serena
                Serena commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Greed Girl.
            Working...
            X