No announcement yet.

Serpent's Seed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a couple of comments , about the serpent, or satans seed. 1). Genesis 3-15. And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between ( thy seed). And her seed it shall bruise thy head,and thou shalt bruise his heel . Here God is giving the serpent a seed and making a comparison to the woman's seed ,and what would happen. So something went on between the serpent and eve which gives the serpent a seed. See the ( thy seed). Question why would the serpent now have a seed just for convincing eve to eat of the tree? 2). I did notice Cains ungodly line in chapter4. Then in chapter 5 it gives Adams line of godly people, and Cain is not in it. It goes to Seth after Adam because Abel was killed. 3). Then 1 John 3-12 says. Not as Cain who was of that wicked one,and slew his brother, And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil,and his brothers righteous . Question (who was of that) could this refer to his seed, the wicked ones ,this is a question I ask myself. It looks like more went on in the garden that day than eating a piece of fruit. Have I missed something ,could be, but satan or the serpent does come up with a seed in Genesis 3-15.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth trumps Tradition View Post
      Here is a couple of comments , about the serpent, or satans seed. 1). Genesis 3-15. And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between ( thy seed). And her seed it shall bruise thy head,and thou shalt bruise his heel . Here God is giving the serpent a seed and making a comparison to the woman's seed ,and what would happen. So something went on between the serpent and eve which gives the serpent a seed. See the ( thy seed). Question why would the serpent now have a seed just for convincing eve to eat of the tree? 2). I did notice Cains ungodly line in chapter4. Then in chapter 5 it gives Adams line of godly people, and Cain is not in it. It goes to Seth after Adam because Abel was killed. 3). Then 1 John 3-12 says. Not as Cain who was of that wicked one,and slew his brother, And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil,and his brothers righteous . Question (who was of that) could this refer to his seed, the wicked ones ,this is a question I ask myself. It looks like more went on in the garden that day than eating a piece of fruit. Have I missed something ,could be, but satan or the serpent does come up with a seed in Genesis 3-15.
      I disagree.

The Lord GOD made provision for every living creature on the earth and in the seas and the air to multiply and reproduce see:

Genesis 1: 24 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so."

Adam and his wife were made in GOD's own image.

Your presumption that Eve participated in bestiality is not supported by the scriptures and frankly quite disturbing.

Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

Serpent seed is false teaching at best. The Bible does NOT say that the serpent KNEW Eve. But it does say that Adam KNEW Eve and then she begat Cain. That is all the Word says.

Comment

Originally posted by HisDoulas View Post

I disagree.

The Lord GOD made provision for every living creature on the earth and in the seas and the air to multiply and reproduce see:

Genesis 1: 24 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so."

Your presumption that Eve participated in bestiality is not supported by the scriptures and frankly quite disturbing.

Amen to that!
          Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

Laurence or Lawrence Gardner is the modern proponent of serpent seed idea. And im not 100% sure but to My memory IT is and does lead to gnosticism of an ancient idea linked to serpents and serpent worship(Sethites) like the temple they had in one of the ancient greek cities where serpents roamed freely among patients and were supposedly emissaries of the gods to heal people.

This city is mentioned in the bible but My memory does not work as IT used to. Getting old i suppose

Comment

I disagree.

This is my presumption!!! I don't even think Eve participated in bestality. 1). Snakes and humans together that does not make any sense!! 2). Who has heard of a talking snake in the first place, not me. So I can assure you bestiality is not my thoughts. So my thoughts are the serpent was a different form of what we see today. They don't talk now , so in Gen. 3-14 the serpent was put on his belly for his part, eve got her punishment, so did Adam.

I was introduced to this serpent seed years ago in my office, by a customer, hey baptist never talked about anything like this. I try to think for myself, and I must say it gets me in trouble sometimes. I was taught when you are having trouble with a verse, go forward and see if that helps, and then go backwards. When I go forwards Chapter 4 Says Adam knew Eve his wife and she conceived and bare Cain and she said I have gotten a man from the lord. This vs says Adam is the father of Cain. So here is my Question? Why is Cain not in Adams line of generations in chapter 5. Good question because he has his own line of generations in Ch 4 vs 17-23 If he Cain is Adams son ,and the bible says so, he has been removed from Adams line in chapter 5.

Comment

One more thought, Cain being the first born,of all humanity it is interesting he was a bad apple (so to speak) he killed his brother. This is where the conflict begins and I have to presume satan was behind it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth trumps Tradition View Post

This is my presumption!!! I don't even think Eve participated in bestality. 1). Snakes and humans together that does not make any sense!! 2). Who has heard of a talking snake in the first place, not me. So I can assure you bestiality is not my thoughts. So my thoughts are the serpent was a different form of what we see today. They don't talk now , so in Gen. 3-14 the serpent was put on his belly for his part, eve got her punishment, so did Adam.

I was introduced to this serpent seed years ago in my office, by a customer, hey baptist never talked about anything like this. I try to think for myself, and I must say it gets me in trouble sometimes.
                  Sir, the dictionary definition of presumption is this:

a belief that something is truth even though it has not been proven.

You are free to believe whatever you desire. Where I find disagreement with you is when your comments, in reference to the Word, are not substantiated by any scripture but rather by your own personal presumption.

I quote your very own words below:

Originally posted by Truth trumps Tradition
                  Here God is giving the serpent a seed and making a comparison to the woman's seed ,and what would happen. So something went on between the serpent and eve which gives the serpent a seed. See the ( thy seed). Question why would the serpent now have a seed just for convincing eve to eat of the tree?
                  You definitely phrased your comments that the serpent and Eve had some kind of relations that would produce a seed....... therefore........ bestiality.

Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

• Renee M
                    Renee M commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am in agreement with you, Doulas.

Truth trumps tradition -- I'm finding the topics you are interested in very disturbing. I get having a mind that likes to investigate, but keep in mind -- scripture tells us that in the end times, deception will be so rampant that even the elect could be deceived. I think it's best to stick to our bibles and get that Word embedded DEEP within our hearts.

I have seen it happen too often in this forum -- brethren got caught up in studying new ideas, and the next thing we know, they start preaching heresies and had to be banned. I do not want to see you go down that dark path.

Mike Heisers work has found that the serpent of the garden was something more than just a average garden copper snake. Linguistics imply a shiny being possibly a creature of the devils domain. He is described as a dragon and we have gen 6:4 of angels fathering children with human women. The devil might have possessed the creature and in such a case we might have had the first Nephilim born in Cain?

There is a line of thought here and i would not be too Quick to knock IT out. Later in Ezekiel we see the other angels with animal heads as some scholars have concluded represents the ancient heads of the respektive animal domains. As said not bestiality but one of the reasons the woman in Jude is put under authority of man WHO is under authority of Christ WHO is under God himself.

The pure seduction and supernatural power of this might just have been too much for Eve to handle. Bible believers are not forbidden to critically think as long as scripture supports the idea.

Im perhaps going out of line here but i noticed that sometimes here the immediate knockout is used on many ideas presented here though there is a lot of biblical wisdom here.

Sorry IF i Ruste feathers here!

Comment

• Truth trumps Tradition
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for your comments, I will check out his work, l know regular snakes don't talk, we know the saying the devil did it or made me do it. May just be the case here. I'm not going out on a limb when I say satan must be behind this whole thing right from the start, he started with a lie. [ Ye shall not surely die]

Even is the serpent were more angel like than snake like.....it would still have been inter species. God flooded the entire earth and killed everyone save 8 souls to kill off the vile nephilim.

How much more would he have wanted to kill off Eve who actually walked and talked with HIM, had she known the serpent sexualy.

This theory is one of the dumbest and most lascivious ones out there.

The BIBLE does not back up this foolish idea.

Cain was Adams son. The Bible says so.

Comment

Originally posted by Donna View Post
                    Even is the serpent were more angel like than snake like.....it would still have been inter species. God flooded the entire earth and killed everyone save 8 souls to kill off the vile nephilim.

How much more would he have wanted to kill off Eve who actually walked and talked with HIM, had she known the serpent sexualy.

Amen, sister! Stand on the Word of God!
                    Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

Originally posted by Donna View Post

Amen sister I agree 100%.

There are enough uncertainties in life without adding and taking away from
                      The Inspired Word of GOD.

Comment

http://stevenmcollins.com/html/serpent_seed_heresy.html

Comment

Sir, the dictionary definition of presumption is this:

a belief that something is truth even though it has not been proven.

You are free to believe whatever you desire. Where I find disagreement with you is when your comments, in reference to the Word, are not substantiated by any scripture but rather by your own personal presumption.

I quote your very own words below:

You definitely phrased your comments that the serpent and Eve had some kind of relations that would produce a seed....... therefore........ bestiality.
                          His Doulas. I know I am free to believe whatever I desire, and so is everyone else also.

I believe that is the first time I have ever been quoted.

I do think think for my self , and you don't have to agree, my wife don't agree all the time!

When I make comments, this is me thinking. For my comments on (Thy seed) I just see something took place ,and the serpent has a seed. Can anyone answer my question? How does the serpent get a seed just by telling Eve she can eat of the tree.

I'm sorry my comments is disturbing, 2 people has comment to this. That is not what I want.

I hope to learn from people here, and to lift up people here, not to disturb people here.

Comment

• Serena
                            Serena commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The serpent seed comes later when the fallen angels leave their former estate. It was not with Eve. Cause the Bible says she knew her husband. It was later when the sons of God saw the daughters of men. Then the seed of the serpent was made.

Originally posted by Mopo75 View Post
                          The pure seduction and supernatural power of this might just have been too much for Eve to handle. Bible believers are not forbidden to critically think as long as scripture supports the idea.

Im perhaps going out of line here but i noticed that sometimes here the immediate knockout is used on many ideas presented here though there is a lot of biblical wisdom here.

Sorry IF i Ruste feathers here!
                          But that's just the very point, brother. Scripture does Not support the idea.....it is all conjecture and the fanciful thoughts of mankind and not The Inspired Word of GOD.

In short,
                          it is heresy. as Donna has so aptly posted with the site linked in her prior posting above.

No feathers ruffled here Mopo75.....as we all know it's the male species of birds that usually sport the fancy feathers.

Comment

Working...
                          X