The Time of the End

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Time of the End

I just finished reading this book. Here is a link with more information on it, describing in more detail what the book is about.
    https://www.amazon.com/Time-End-Tim-...ime+of+the+end

I thought I'd try to type up in a nutshell what I learned from this book. He comes at it from the standpoint of believing that the days of creation represent how long we will be here. (1 day is as 1000 years) This was a very common belief among early Christians and he has LOTS of documentation on this too.

Gen. 6:3 -- his days will be 120 years. Obviously many in scripture lived much longer than 120 years, even after the flood. And in today's society, they don't live nearly that long, so this must mean something different that actually how long we will live. This scripture was written during a Jubilee year, so the author thinks it is referring to how many Jubilees man will live on the earth before Christ returns.
    120 years x 50 Jubilees = 6000 years.
    He goes through scripture and shows incredible things that happened in the Jubilee year. Too long to type all of that up.
    But based on his very in-depth study, he has come up with this:
    The 70th week of Daniel will start on Rosh Hashanah 9-11-2029.
    Jesus will return on Yom Kippur 10-1-2036.
    Granted, we've been taught not to be date setters, but on the link above, it says: "
    The earliest Christians did not believe, as do most modern Christians, that the date of Christ's return cannot be known."

I wanted to share this with you, just in case he might be onto something with this information.

We keep hearing about the Revelation 12 sign that is coming in Sept., but after listening to Jacob Prasch speak on this, it sounds like a hoax that the enemy is using to make Christians look foolish. Plus, in studying the end times stuff, I know we are getting close, but for the Revelation 12 sign to appear in the sky right now, I just don't think we are that far along in biblical prophecy....yet.

The Time of the End [Tim Warner] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. The date when Christ's Kingdom will come to earth has been the "Holy Grail" of biblical prophecy since Daniel first inquired. All of  "the prophets have inquired and searched carefully ... searching what
    Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

I have heard the idea of 6,000 years before. It's interesting that he is tying it to 120 jubilees; that seems to lend credibility. If you go by the date of 1967 as the start of the time clock of one generation (that shall not pass), that date falls right inside the 70th year. He may be on to something with the date, but I'm still going with "nobody knows" (Matthew 24:36).

As for the Revelation 12 sign being a hoax, I have recently seen some arguments against it being a bonafide depiction of the sign John saw. I was hoping the Stellarium program was the real deal so we could show atheists the truth, but I guess that's not how it works. The foolishness comes from those who are jumping up and down screaming "the rapture is falling" on that date. I feel a little sorry for those guys in a way.

In any case, 20 years isn't a whole lot of time in the scheme of things. Judgement seems to be coming in waves, so maybe we will stay at the shallow end of the pool for longer than we thought.

Greek Girl

Comment

I think myself that the pattern will be similar or in waves as stated above like the judgements came on Israel and they boasted how they would rebuild. The Lord will make people WHO want to live outside his perfect will to look foolish so that they see the error of their way!

Comment

Originally posted by Greek Girl View Post
        I have heard the idea of 6,000 years before. It's interesting that he is tying it to 120 jubilees; that seems to lend credibility. If you go by the date of 1967 as the start of the time clock of one generation (that shall not pass), that date falls right inside the 70th year. He may be on to something with the date, but I'm still going with "nobody knows" (Matthew 24:36).

As for the Revelation 12 sign being a hoax, I have recently seen some arguments against it being a bonafide depiction of the sign John saw. I was hoping the Stellarium program was the real deal so we could show atheists the truth, but I guess that's not how it works. The foolishness comes from those who are jumping up and down screaming "the rapture is falling" on that date. I feel a little sorry for those guys in a way.

In any case, 20 years isn't a whole lot of time in the scheme of things. Judgement seems to be coming in waves, so maybe we will stay at the shallow end of the pool for longer than we thought.

Greek Girl
        GG -- You mentioned stellarium -- in another thread I posted a link to a teaching about this whole Revelation 12 sign thing that is supposed to be coming. The speaker mentions stellarium and how it can't be reliable and why. Pretty interesting. That part is toward the beginning of his teaching, so if you don't want to listen to the whole thing, you won't have to. (But I found the whole thing interesting.)
        Here's a good teaching on 3 different people who have gotten a lot of hits on their you tube teachings about the Revelation 12 sign, and why we should have
        Luke 21:36 "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We will either dwell in the secret place of the Most High or our flesh will make us want to hide things in secret. -- Nathan Leal

Comment

Wondering how the signs (Woman and Red Dragon) are supposed to appear in the heavens. Any ideas?

Comment

I saw this on another blog discussing the number 23. I thought it might be relevant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC_W273I2CU

Comment

Originally posted by margarok View Post
              I saw this on another blog discussing the number 23. I thought it might be relevant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC_W273I2CU
              That is interesting cause Jupiter does not go out to the belly but goes back and forth inside then comes out on the ninth rotation of the moon. Just a reminder, Hebrews go by the moon for keeping track of the months. So that would equal nine months. Very interesting.
              The Sweet Psalmist

https://watchmanscry.vbulletin.net/f...sweet-psalmist

Comment

I have been to Tim Warner's Church here in Tampa Florida, it is Oasis Christian Church, it is unlike any other church I have been to, it is set up like a school with tables and chairs and it is a Teaching Church, actually it is satellite for home churches around the Country. Anyhow, they teach very in depth studies, all can be found on youtube. I do have some questions about some of their doctrine, one being Soul Sleep, stating that we "sleep in the grave until the last trump"...I would love someone to let me know if we go directly to Heaven or sleep in the grave. Another question I have, that they teach is that all men will be thrown into the Fire when Satan is and will burn up and die...they call this the Second Death and not spend eternity in Hell. These two questions are very important for me...if anyone can help I would be very grateful.
                8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
                And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”...9 So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

Comment

Originally posted by HisDaughter View Post
                  I have been to Tim Warner's Church here in Tampa Florida, it is Oasis Christian Church, it is unlike any other church I have been to, it is set up like a school with tables and chairs and it is a Teaching Church, actually it is satellite for home churches around the Country. Anyhow, they teach very in depth studies, all can be found on youtube. I do have some questions about some of their doctrine, one being Soul Sleep, stating that we "sleep in the grave until the last trump"...I would love someone to let me know if we go directly to Heaven or sleep in the grave. Another question I have, that they teach is that all men will be thrown into the Fire when Satan is and will burn up and die...they call this the Second Death and not spend eternity in Hell. These two questions are very important for me...if anyone can help I would be very grateful.
                  Thank you for bringing that information up. I do not believe in soul sleep. (I'm thinking that is a teaching from the 7th Day Adventists, but may be incorrect on that.) Jesus told the one thief, "TODAY you will be with me in paradise." That makes it abundantly clear there is no soul sleep.

Nor do I believe the unsaved will burn up and die. There is NOTHING in scripture that supports that idea. Everlasting torment means it never ends.
                  Mt. 25:46 -- And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Comment

Another question I have, that they teach is that all men will be thrown into the Fire when Satan is and will burn up and die...they call this the Second Death and not spend eternity in Hell. These two questions are very important for me...if anyone can help I would be very grateful.

If that were true, which I do not believe it is so, then how do they deal with this verse which Jesus spoke repetitively when discussing men going to hell into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

This exact scripture is repeated three times in Mark 9.
                    Mark 13: 22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

Comment

Originally posted by HisDoulas View Post

If that were true, which I do not believe it is so, then how do they deal with this verse which Jesus spoke repetitively when discussing men going to hell into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

This exact scripture is repeated three times in Mark 9.
                      And Jesus repeated it THREE times to emphasize this matter because He knew others would come along with a false doctrine about hell and the fire not lasting forever. Such love and mercy He has for us to warn us, not once, but THREE times.

Comment

Then of course there is always this verse and many more on this subject.

Rev 21:8 But to the cowards, unbelievers, detestable persons, murderers, the sexually immoral, and those who practice magic spells, idol worshipers, and all those who lie, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. That is the second death."

Comment

One of your questions are answered by others above. About sleeping here is a verse by Paul.
                          2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
                          The Sweet Psalmist

https://watchmanscry.vbulletin.net/f...sweet-psalmist

Comment

Thank you everyone for answering my questions...I have always believed as you all do....I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I don't follow Tim Warner, but I have listened to some of his teachings in the past, we all need to be so careful...thank you all again.
                            8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
                            And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”...9 So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

Comment

Jehovas witnesses are the key organization that teach soul sleep. And their founder was deeply involved with the 7 day adventists! These doctrines might also have links to the Arian heresy from the early days of christianity by the apostate Arius.

Comment

Working...
                              X